If you're currently looking for someone to make your crowdfunding video, you've probably got a few questions. Here are 7 of the most common questions we get asked by clients launching a campaign:
1. What experience do you have making crowdfunding videos?
From 2014-2020, crowdfunding videos were all we made. We've produced over 100 crowdfunding videos for clients from around the world. 8 of those campaigns raised over $1.5M and the clients we've shot for have a 97% funded rate. Here is a [LINK] to the Kickstarter Trusted Experts list where we've had a spot since 2018.
Prior to founding Launch Light, our founder was the chief videographer for HAX, the world's leading hardware accelerator program. Recently, he was asked to present at the 2023 Crowdfunded Summit which you can view here [HERE].
2. How does a crowdfunding video get made?
To better illustrate our process, let's use a real-life example. Meet Jeff and Brett, co-founders of the Tandem Shower, the easiest way to add a second showerhead to your bathroom.
Here's how we made their video:
- Discovery: we started by getting to know Tandem Shower's branding, product pitch, and target audience. Jeff and Brett also had reference videos they liked, so we watched them together and took note of what they liked and didn't like.
- Scriptwriting: once we know what to say and who we're saying it to, we come up with a video script. For Tandem Shower, we wrote a script that was laser-targeted at couples who wanted to shower together. We interviewed real-life couples and got their feedback.
- Planning: script in hand, we sourced all the actors, locations, props, wardrobe, and production crew needed for the shoot. We helped Jeff and Brett choose the actors, as well as find a bathroom location that was within their budget.
- Filming: With all the prep complete, we filmed the Tandem Shower video over two 10-hour days. We also coached Jeff and Brett through their Founder Story interviews.
- Editing: Once filming wrapped, we took 8 days to put together a 1st edit for Jeff and Brett to review. We worked with them through 2 rounds of editing revisions before locking in the final version.
- Post-Launch: Besides the Kickstarter video, we also made Jeff and Brett other assets they could use once their campaign was over. This included an e-commerce version of their video, a link to the raw footage, and shorter edits of their video they could use for social media.
3. How long does this take?
Generally speaking, 7-9 weeks.
- Discovery & Scriptwriting: 2-3 Weeks
- Planning: 2-3 Weeks
- Filming: 1-3 Days
- Editing: 2-3 Weeks
4. Why should we hire you?
Most clients who hire us are looking for a small, dedicated video team that they can trust.
Our client Jeff from Boona said it best in his Google review:
You can read all our Google Reviews [HERE].
5. What makes you different?
- We're crowdfunding experts. See question #1.
- We're lean. Traditionally, a big portion of your video budget pays for your agency's office space, full-time staff, and expensive equipment rentals. By operating differently, we're able to deliver videos that rival those bigger agencies but for a much more competitive rate.
- We're personal. Because we're lean, we only take on 1-2 clients at a time. We also only work with clients with products that we're sold on. It sounds cheesy, but we like working closely with our clients. Your success is our success.
6. How does payment work?
We split your total project cost into 3 payments of 45/45/10. The first is due at signing, the second is due mid-project, and the last is due before we deliver your videos.